1. What can I expect from a commercial comprehensive energy audit?
A comprehensive energy audit from Bluegill Energy identifies and develops modifications that reduce the energy use and/or cost of operating a building. The results we provide can help an owner or operator decide if any, some or all of the recommended modifications should be implemented. Bluegill Energy strictly follows the procedures and protocols established by ASHRAE and the U.S. Department of Energy.
2. Does Bluegill Energy offer different types of commercial comprehensive energy audits?
Yes, Bluegill Energy offers two levels of commercial comprehensive energy audits.
3. What are the benefits of a commercial comprehensive energy audit?
The benefits of a commercial comprehensive energy audit include:
An analysis of two or more years of utility consumption and cost, review of building plans, and a walk-through of the building itself to establish the type of building, its principal versus actual use and actual area (square feet) of space that is used. Some measures include:
- A cost index of $ per square foot per year.
- An annual energy use kBTU per square foot per year (Energy Utilization Index).
- The breakdown of various spaces within the building by function, hours of use and area.
- The effect on efficiency by the difference between building functions and the original functional intent of the building.
- The effect on efficiency by any maintenance problems or practices.
- A comparison of energy and cost indices of the building using one or more databases.
- The potential cost savings from the installation of renewable energy sources.
- A description and analysis of the energy-using systems of the building, resulting from on-site observation, measurement and engineering of the following:
- Hot water systems
- HVAC system & controls
- Process systems
- Building envelope
- Common areas
- Utility providers & rates
- Other applicable systems
An understandable analysis of findings and observations that will show:
- A breakdown of the components of annual energy use and cost.
- A recommendation of energy conservation measures, including predicted savings and cost to implement.
- A description and cost estimate of repairs that are needed in order for energy conservation measures to be effective.
- A description and cost estimate of measurement and verification methods needed to determine the actual effectiveness of measures.
- An energy analysis summary that includes present energy use and cost, the ultimate target for energy use and cost, savings from recommended measures and a comparison of current recommendations to the ultimate target.
4. Do both types of audits include a thermographic infrared scan?
Yes, both Level I and Level II audits include a thermographic infrared scan.
5. How long will the audit take?
An audit generally takes approximately one hour per 1,000 square feet of space.
6. Do I need to be present during the inspection?
It is a good idea to have a site manager or decision maker present during the audit for two reasons: To educate you on building efficiency and energy usage, which is a large portion of this service and to present questions that we will need answered by your team on the spot.
7. Am I required to implement recommendations?
You are not required to implement recommendations. The recommendations, as found in the audit, are the solutions to problem areas of your commercial property that are not as efficient as they could be. You are welcome to implement one, few or all recommendations provided.
8. What if I have questions after the inspection?
Please feel free to contact us after the inspection. We will gladly answer any questions you have about the report or list of recommendations provided to you after your commercial comprehensive energy audit.
Let Bluegill Energy’s trained and certified professionals make Energy Code and Green Building program compliance cost effective and easy for you!
Need more information?
- Bluegill Energy |
- P: (281) 947-3724 |
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 1515 Witte Road, Houston, TX 77080
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386