Energy Saving Tips – Commercial
We have provided some energy-saving tips for your business to reduce your energy use at low to no cost.
Appliances and Lighting
- Buy energy-efficient office appliances and equipment such as refrigerators, dehumidifiers, copiers, computers and monitors.
- Keep refrigerator between 35-38°F and freezer at 0-10°F.
- Wash and dry full loads in washer and dishwasher.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs.*
- Replace older T-12 fluorescent lamps and ballasts with more efficient T-8 models with electronic ballast.*
- Use motion sensors for restrooms, meeting rooms or where occupancy rates vary.
- Use motion sensors, time clocks or photo cells to control security lighting.*
- Retrofit exit signs to energy-saving LED signs.*
- Unplug rarely used appliances and turn off unnecessary lights.
Visit the ENERGY STAR® web site for more information.*
Commercial Food Service
- Buy ENERGY STAR®-rated or other energy-efficient food service equipment.*
- Install Door Miser® anti-sweat control systems on refrigerated glass display cases.*
- Install VendingMiser® systems on vending machines.*
Heating, Cooling and Ventilation
- Install a programmable thermostat, and set it to reduce or increase temperatures when not present.
- Limit heating to 68° F and cooling to 78° F.
- Reduce heating temperature at night and during unoccupied hours.
- Increase cooling temperature, or shut off completely during unoccupied hours.
- Sign up for your utility’s load management program.
- Keep regular maintenance on HVAC equipment, including cleaning and replacing air filters, cleaning condenser coils and evaluating service needs in advance.
- Seal leaky ducts.
- Keep fin-coils or registers free of dust, and remove obstructions.
- Open shades during heating season and close during cooling season.
- Professionally service air conditioner, furnace and/or boiler annually.
- Reduce ventilation system runtime to meet minimum requirements while occupied, or install CO2 sensors to control system.
- Reduce hot water tap temperature below 120°F.
- Repair leaky faucets or toilets.
- Install low-flow shower heads (< 2.0 GPM) and faucet aerators (< 0.5 GPM).
- Install pipe insulation on hat water piping.
- Flush water heater annually.
- Have water heater burner assembly professionally cleaned and tuned annually.
Weatherize Windows and Doors
- Install or repair weather-stripping and door sweeps.
- Repair latches and locks, and block window pulley holes.
- Seal air leaks and drafts around windows, doors, wiring and plumbing penetrations, recessed lights, plumbing vents and attic hatches by applying caulking.
Let Bluegill Energy’s trained and certified professionals make Energy Code and Green Building program compliance cost effective and easy for you!
- Bluegill Energy |
- P: (281) 947-3724 |
- E: email@example.com
- Office: 738 Highway 6 S, Suite 700, Houston, TX 77079
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386