Performance Testing and Commissioning
Whatever energy code or green building program you are building to, Bluegill Energy’s certified professionals can provide independent, third-party performance testing and commissioning services for your building project.
Performance testing and commissioning is the process of verifying and documenting that a building’s systems and assemblies are designed, installed and functionally tested to operate according to their intended purpose. Both the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and International Residential Code (IRC) mandate the completion of performance testing and commissioning during the construction process in order to achieve compliance. While other city and regional energy code and green building programs or above-code programs, such as ENERGY STAR®, have specific requirements, they may not be required by the energy codes.
Energy codes may include some or all of the following performance testing and commissioning services:
- Infiltration Testing (Blower Door) – IRC/IECC Mandatory Requirement
- Duct Pressurization Testing (Duct BlasterTM) – IRC/IECC Mandatory Requirement
- Duct System Airflow Balancing (Flow Hood/Anemometer) – Program-Specific
- Duct System Static Pressure – Program-Specific
- Ventilation System Airflow (Flow Hood/Anemometer) – Program-Specific
- Combustion Appliance Testing (CO Analyzer) – Program-Specific
All require specialized training and certification to ensure accurate performance of each test. Consider the following when hiring a company to perform these services:
- Relevant experience
- Technical knowledge
- Potential conflict of interest concerns (third-party)
- Communication and organizational skills
- Reference and sample work products
We can answer all of your certification questions, and provide you with Performance Testing and Commissioning in a timely manner.
Let Bluegill Energy’s trained and certified professionals make Energy Code and Green Building program compliance cost effective and easy for you!
Need more information?
- Bluegill Energy |
- P: (281) 947-3724 |
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 1515 Witte Road, Houston, TX 77080
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386